The arrival of Bihu always fascinates me. Likely because I love seeing my mother prepare 100s of til
While I use to throw away the rind of watermelon every time, I choose to prepare something out of the inutile pieces (these were supposed to go right into the bin). After grinding to a good paste, I had decided to cook it the way my mother used to prepare the coconut balls, i.e., pour the mush directly to the pan and stir until the water dries up. After that, you can gradually add the other ingredients.
Here, I have also used some leftover red mesh of the watermelon that I had used for juice. You can skip that completely. Subsequently, I also made a few watermelon rind balls the next day. For making that, I applied a similar method of evaporating the excess water and adding a cup of roasted semolina. The rest of the steps remains the same apart from adding the liquid milk.
Watermelon Halwa Recipe
- Food Processor/ Grinder
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil, ghee, or butter
- 1/2 piece Cubes of watermelon shell the inside green shell
- 1 cup Nuts, raisin, berries of your choice
- 1 piece Cardamom
- 3 tbsp Powdered Milk
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- Peel off the outer green layer of the watermelon (You can use the inside red part for juices or other purposes)
- Cut it into small cubes and add the pieces in a grinder.
- Heat a pan and put the grinded paste to the pan and keep stiring.
- Make sure to stir frequently, until the water dries up.
- Now add the powdered milk and crushed cardamom.
- Mix thoroughly so that no lumps are formed.
- Now add the sugar and salt and blend it until the water evaporates.
- Add the milk and crushed nuts and stir evenly.
- Add the ghee or butter
- Voila! Your watermelon halwa is ready. Serve hot with sprinkled nuts or seeds.
Make sure you cook the recipe in medium to low flame
Will you make this recipe?
Let me know how it turned out in the comments below. Or share a picture on your Instagram or Facebook and tag us.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?